Remember Everyone Deployed’s (R.E.D) mission is to show solidarity and support for our deployed service members every Friday until they return home to their families, carry the message to national levels, and serve the military community and their families by showing that they are never forgotten.
Our mission started in Jacksonville, North Carolina, Marine Corps Base, Camp LeJeune “Home of the Expeditionary Forces in Readiness”.
ABOUT REMEMBEREVERYONEDEPLOYED.ORG (R.E.D)
- Created April 2016.
- IRS 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Status obtained in 2018. EIN 81-2365291
- We cover all branches of US Armed Forces.
CORNERSTONE OF OUR NON-PROFIT
- Raise awareness about the hardships of the deployed & their families.
- Make sure they are remembered until they all come home.
- Provide direct aid to deployed/active duty military and their family.
- Reduce stress of military life.
- Provide soothing comfort, joy, happiness and peace of mind
- We are expanding our organization into the various Military communities.
- Our model can be easily replicated in other communities.
- Identify and empower high-performing leaders to run local branches of R.E.D across USA
USE OF FUNDS
- Donations make funds available to maintaining our programs.
- Depression is prevalent in our military communities.
- We have been told our kind acts contributes to the mental well-being of all involved.
Our list of services was created based on feedback from our military communities. There are services already being provided and areas we wish to expand on to make a difference for the deployed and their families.
- Goodbye Dinner (w/Kids and or Spouse)
- Care Package for Deployment
DURING DEPLOYMENT- SERVICE PERSONS
- Personalized care packages shipped to the deployed
- Red pillow / comfort blanket to sleep on the field
DURING DEPLOYMENT- FAMILY MEMBERS
- Movie day for kids
- Carnival for kids
- Cards, letters writing event
- Movie night for spouses
- Beauty day for spouses
- Transportation assistance
- Meal trains for spouses who have a baby during their spouse’s deployment.
- Military families, volunteers & donors can personally assemble care packages.
- Welcome home poster making event
- Day of beauty for spouse
- Day of beauty for service person
- Dinner for two w/ babysitting if needed
- Welcome home party
- Transportation expenses
- Date night or weekend to re-connect as a couple w/ babysitting, if needed.
- Celebratory food basket
RED STORE- SUSTAINABILITY
- Personalized T-Shirts to Companies, promote their support in social media
- Trinkets to self-sustain & spread our message.
DONATIONS REQUESTED AND ACCEPTED
- BUSINESS GIFT CARDS
- FOOD ITEMS
- CLEANING SERVICES
HOW DID RED FRIDAYS COME ABOUT?
There is no exact origin on how RED Fridays came about. However, there are many stories and news articles about various people who have started the “RED” movement in different parts of the United States. Fox news reported from Mansfield University, Mansfield, Pennsylvania that
“Cecil Cooper, a student in the Department of Geo-sciences and Army veteran, began the program on April 3rd, 2015. Hundreds of students, faculty, and staff gathered together on campus to launch the awareness campaign but the ultimate mission is a lasting tradition that became engrained into the community. Wearing a specific colored shirt might seem like a trivial act, but the meaning behind it is significant. It translates to mean that as you prepared for your day, you recognized that others are playing an active role to allow you to go to work or class with relative peace of mind that you are safe. Our service members are on call 24 hours a day, seven days per week, 52 weeks per year. They willingly ensure our safety and freedom. Let’s wear red and make it a point to Remember Everyone Deployed!”
It is the sole mission of Remember Everyone Deployed to unite all Americans who support this cause and have the entire United States wearing RED on Fridays.